In-Game Commentary

Twitter Updates

    follow at your own risk

    Monday, November 30, 2009

    Week 7: On The Farm

    Well, I'm back from my trip. Do I have any interesting listening habits to show for it? meh. But regardless, I picked up the new Dinosaur Jr. last week, and I'm thinking that we're gonna see a pretty substantial bump from them sometime soon. Not to mention that I managed to catch Sonic Youth @ Terminal 5, and the new songs sounded pretty rockin'. I'm probably gonna end up picking that up before too long as well.

    So over the last two weeks, I'm managed to accrue aboutand minus all previous plays, that's a total of 1033 over the past two weeks.

    So what was I listening to over those two weeks? Well, let's take a look:
    Now, I know this is only the last 7 days, and I missed last weeks entry, but this is the best I can do, dammit! We cans ee David Cross got a lot of plays, as I realized that it's especially comforting to listen to comedy while undergoing air-travel. It's like traveling with a hilarious friend, and getting to laugh at little jokes all to yrself. "Pissing in God's face for five hours..." indeed. But otherwise, it's Dinosaur Jr.'s week. I managed to catch 'em live at Terminal 5 in NYC, and gotta say, they were far from a disappointment. Since I hadn't bought their new album (I believe in brand-loyalty, and simply haven't had the time to hit-up my favorite record shop, so I never bought it, 'cause I could never bring myself to buy it anywhere else--except: ) so I bought it at the show, and got the sweet deal of the double-LP, w/ free trucker hat & digital download, for a cool $20. Point is: I'm giving the new album the ol' college try, since it's been awhile since I bought something new, I'm not gonna let my monies go to waste. But either way, it's easy enough on the ears that I'm not really fightin' it, and will probably go back and listen to their late-80's, early-90's material afterwards, to put it all in context.

    But despite all those plays, they've managed to have little to no effect upon the leader board, or even the top 35 artists.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment