In-Game Commentary

Twitter Updates

    follow at your own risk

    Monday, November 9, 2009

    Week 4: ARGH

    While this was supposed to have been an exciting week here at Listening as a Spectator Sport, unfortunately as I plugged in my iPod to scrobble this morning, for some reason it crashed, and so I lost all the plays that had accumulated since my last sync (sometime in the middle of last week), including everything we listened to out at the lake this weekend. So with that in mind, let's take a look at our total plays for the week: giving us a total of 371 plays since last week.
    Otherwise, I'm just feeling so low and dejected about the lost plays from this weekend that I'm not going to give too much analysis today. So let's see which artists got the most plays this week: As we can see, generally speaking, it's been a pretty harsh week, with Jesus Lizard and Unsane topping the list, with some support from Swans and Melvins, who had fewer plays this week than I expected. This is likely the result of the influence of the Jesus Lizard, whose discography I began acquainting myself with this week.
    If we move on to the top-songs list, we can see that it's remained relatively stable from last week:
    So let's see what the leader-board looks like after all this: Looking, we can notice that Melvins, despite having fewer plays than I would've predicted, still had enough to overtake Xiu Xiu on the leader-board, while further down the list we can see Bob Marley & the Wailers overtook Shellac.
    In terms of what's ahead for the coming week? I'm not making any predictions, things could go anywhere...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment